1. Discussion: The advertiser need to initiate a discussion and give his/her ideas about the advertisement he/she wants to run.
2. Finding the Objective: The advertiser need to give the objective of advertisement i.e., what is that he/she wanted to achieve by running that Ad Campaign. This objective can be developed in discussion with Ad Agency or Ad Maker. They can give their perspective to refine the objective of the advertiser and advertiser can tell what he/she has on his/her mind about the product or service for which they want to run the Ad Campaign.
3. Doing Research for market and competition: Before running an Ad Campaign a good research should be carried out about the liking/disliking of the targeted customers. This research can be done at level of advertiser or at level of Ad Agency. Both of them can present their findings to reach out to the outcome of research. Also, both advertiser and Ad Agency should study the competition in the market to find out strong and weak points about the competition - so that research can be target in the direction that supports the purpose of the Ad Campaign.
4. Identifying Target Audience: Target Audience is important - as Advertiser will be paying to Ad Agency or Ad Maker doing the Ad Campaign based on the targeted keywords that they target the audience for the Advertiser. If the target audience is not defined the whole Ad Campaign can go to a complete waste. So, identifying who will be your end customers would be an important advertising process step. It is because you pay for each keyword you select for the Ad Campaign you should put-in time to right judge your Target Customers or Audience. You can get in to discussion with the Ad Agency or Ad Maker to help you find the right audience or you can conduct your own research about finding the right audience for you. You can develop a scope (a list) for your prospective audience and from there you can narrow-down your list and find the correct choice of audience you want to target.
5. Selection of channels: The selection of medium (i.e., web, print, social media etc.) on which you want to run your Ad Campaign helps you reach out to right customers within correct amount of energy and resources spent by you. If you are new to advertising, and wants to run an Ad Campaign you can take an advice from Ad Agency or Ad Maker - who have been running these Ad Campaign on daily basis to run a successful Campaign. Your ultimate goal should be to reach your target audience within the resources that you are putting-in to advertise your products and services.
6. Defining Budget: Money is the crucial factor that affects any Ad Campaign. That being said, sometimes, you may get a successful Ad Campaign by putting a small amount of money and some of the times, you may not get a successful Campaign even after putting-in lot of money. All depends how you follow the steps to approach your Ad Campaign. You have to bring a symphony between all the steps we are discussing here to achieve your purpose. Putting-in just enough money to achieve a desired result is what you need to concentrate on. Else, you may be putting in lot of money and seeing that results are not met. That affects your business. So you need to check your pocket too before thinking about the Ad Campaign. If you think your products or services will benefit from Ad Campaign and you have reached the right mix of the steps you need to take - then you should go for the Ad Campaign and benefit from its existence.
7. Making of Ad: Ad making is the process where Ads is conceptualize and designed by creative people of the Ad Agency or Ad Maker. If you are not an expert in making an Ad you can hire an Ad Agency or Ad Maker to do this job for you. The charges may vary based on the type of Ad you want to develop and also where you want to run your Ad Campaign. Your choices would affect your budget - so take a wise decision related to the choices you make.
8. Executing your advertisement: Once the target audience is identified, your Ad medium is selected, budget is set, Ad design is in place, and then you are ready to execute the advertisement for a defined period of time. It may be your best (where you receive ultimate response) to time to go to market, or worse time (where you receive no response), or even neutral time (where you receive only so-so response). It all depend on the time to enter the Campaign and how your market and target audience behave to your Ad Campaign.
9. Evaluating: While the Ad Campaign is running you have to evaluate the progress of the Campaign - so that you can analysis what can be done better for improvement and do it. And once the Campaign is over you have gather all the details related to the Campaign how has it performed on reaching the desired results and desired customers and did it server its purpose or not? Evaluation need to be performed at the individual level and at the Ad Agency level (if you have hired one) to know and capture the findings of evaluation for the success or failure of the Ad Campaign.