1. Display Advertisement: Display Advertisement is the form of advertising in which Ads are digitally displayed online on websites and apps. This can be done by buying a banner space on a website or app or through any of the other format of Ads display i.e., made of text, images, video, audio, or flash.
The way it is different to newspaper ads is that they are made digitally and allows the Ad maker to reach out to target audience through the technique of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) whenever user search for relevant information on the web that is related to the target keywords associated with the Ads made by Ad maker.
These Display Ads are not limited to Search Engines they are available all over the web on any site or app that includes them to show what advertisers wants to display to their audience – may it be online shopping cart, online news display sites, your email accounts, games you play etc., you can see these Display Ads everywhere.
To do Display Advertising, companies and individuals do marketing campaigns where they do promotions of their products and services or if they already have a brand they use these campaigns to improve their brand value for their target customers.
2. Newspaper classified Ads: Newspaper classified Ads are the way of advertising that is a comparatively cheap way of advertising. They charge you based on the size for the classified and how many days your want to run that classified and what is the topic of the classified. The classified appears in online version of the newspaper as well as the print version that is tangible.
3. Radio Ads: Radio is another cheap way of advertising and is quite popular these days and they play different segments of programs on air which are popular among varied audience. Their prices for running the commercials are not as high as TV programs, but you have to choose the timings and the channel (frequency) and program on which you want to run your Ad Campaign in. If you choose to run your Ad on time when more people are listening to the program, then in that case you have to pay more as compared to the time when there are less listener to the shows - for example, time between mid-night and 3-4 am when there are less listeners, then you pay less. The response to Radio Ads may not be that effective as that of the TV Ads, but still it leave the impact on the minds of the audience you want to target and are relatively cheaper than the TV advertisements. So running an Ad Campaign on Radio in the program of liking of your audience can be a good option for you to grow your product or service and build a goodwill, loyalty, and brand for your product or service.
4. Banner online Ads: Banner online Ads are the form of advertising where display Ads that are graphical in form are placed on the different section of a website or an app. These type of Ads are priced based on where the Ad is being placed on the website or app. If your Ad is on the Home page, top header, and page is having a good Search Engine Popularity for relevant keywords, then you most likely to pay more, than if your Ad is on some inner page and at the bottom of the page that has less Search Engine Popularity for relevant Keywords – then you are most likely to pay less.
5. Television Advertisement: TV Ads is a medium of advertisement which is popular among the businesses who wants to reach out to the homes of the target audience through the shows and programs being run on the television. In this format of advertisement you have to research your audience likings of the shows and programs and know the age group of audience that you want to target based on their viewing habits. As TV commercials can be more expensive the social media Ads - you have to choose wisely to select the slots you want to run your commercial to. Though, TV commercial provide wider reach to the homes of the audience, but spots of the TV advertisement depends on the popularity of the slot of the program where they are played, viewership it gets, and the time for which the Ad is played on the program. All these factors determine the cost of commercial on TV. There are large number of channels that are available and they run the pricing of their advertisement based on the Viewership and Television Rating Points (TRP) that they provide to the advertisers. A channel or program with low viewership will have their Ad pricing low as compared to the channel or program that has high viewership. Thus, you have to establish best fit for your requirement considering the pricing and viewership you are getting from the channel and the program.
6. Social media advertisement: Social media is the cheap and leading advertising platform. In America, it captures more than half of the advertising market where Facebook, Twitter, Instagram continues to lead the way forward. Social media is where with a budget of double digit dollar you can reach out to thousands of potential customer of your likings that gives you and your business an important edge in the market. Social media is where people interact to each other on social platform and it is through these platforms that advertisers publish their advertisements to reach out to the targeted audience in the respective geographies. The social media is not limited to any country. In fact, these leading social media giants have presence all over the world and they are connecting the world population in one thread. The mediums are developed to an extent that you can target your customers based on the content they like to view, the content they are sharing, the contacts they have, and contacts that they may know. Social media is very powerful medium to build an image of your business and if you already have a good image and brand for your business then enhance its popularity among the masses. As these day everybody uses Smart Phones and these platforms are installed in their Smart Phones where the content of advertisements can be delivered to the intended audiences to develop a connect with them and eventually lead to business leads and growth. These social media giants don’t charge much, but again it depends on the type of advertisement campaign you want to run with them. But, they are affordable to small business or individuals as well as can accommodate the advertisement requirements of big companies as well. You can choose them well keeping in mind your business requirement and budgetary constraint and your geographies and audience you want to target.